Thursday, March 24, 2011

Violin recital!

As a music student, I think it's very important to see and hear other people play. The whole experience is inspiration but also gives you a much better feel for performance. In addition, you hopefully can learn from their technique and their sound.

One of my friends gave her junior violin recital tonight, and, of course, I went. The chapel was beautiful, and I loved all the music. She played the first movement of Beethoven's Spring, a much beloved music memory of mine. Then, she played Rachmaninoff's Vocalise, a piece I've fallen in love with ever since I heard Joshua Bell's rendition. She concluded with a beautiful Bach concerto.

The recital was splendid (even if the pianist did overuse the sustaining pedal and blurred two octave scales all together.) Everyone was very interested in the performance, and they even brought her 1/32 size violin to display at the reception. Who knew that you could even play a violin that tiny?

No comments:

Post a Comment